Wednesday, September 30, 2009

This From Bradshaw


Ahmad Bradshaw said he didn't think he could injure his sprained right foot and ankle any more than it is. But I'm not sure whether it would be safe yet to count him in for Sunday. Still, he sounded as if he was preparing to play, even though he will probably sit out practice this week wearing that protective boot.

"I don't think it'll get any worse," Bradshaw said. "I think it's been to the furthest extent."

The ankle injury dates back to the Marshall product's true freshman year at the University of Virgina, a team he never played for because of an incident of underage drinking.

"I don't think it can get any worse than that," Bradshaw said. "I went through a lot of pain then, and then the next year (at Marshall) I played through a lot of pain. I'd go in, play a couple of plays, get hit, and have to come out for a couple of plays."

Bradshaw said his running style -- a mixture of power and cutting -- contributes to the chronic nature of the ankle. He said a few days of rest should help.

"Just stay off it and take a lot of pressure off the foot," Bradshaw said. "My ankle's held up until this year. It really hasn't given me too many problems. A little pain here and there. But this year, when somebody falls on it wrong, it hurts. I have to fight through it.

"I went through a lot of pain with it Sunday."

It'll be interesting to see if he does play, and how much he plays. With Danny Ware nowhere near ready to resume, it may be up to Gartrell Johnson to pick up some of Bradshaw's carries. The newcomer said he's ready, and that he's progressed far enough into the playbook to hande just about anything.

"I come out every day and prepare myself for any role I may have to perform in the game," Johnson said. "I've been staying out there, doing extra work."

EP

No comments:

Post a Comment